[pmwiki-users] Announcement: Marklets-0.9

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 14:40:11 CDT 2006

On 8/2/06, Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:
> I'm also finding the long pagenames of Bookmarks.Bookmarks-SomeCategory
> to be a bit irritating.  At the moment I'm going in and adding (:title:)
> directives by hand, but I think I would like it better if one could
> simply have all the pages in the current (Bookmarks) group be considered
> to be categories. That would also be an advantage to me because I
> already have an existing "Links" group in one of my wikis, and it would
> be nice to be able to use this recipe there without having to rename
> all the pages.

I also had several pages of links when I authored this recipe. Last
night, I redid all the pages of my Bookmarks group, consistent with
this recipe. It took about 30 minutes, and I was able to prune out
dead links. I could have just renamed the pages (e.g.
Bookmarks.BookmarksExample to Bookmarks.Bookmarks-Example), but the
difference in style between this recipe and the old bookmarks was
sufficient for me to change. I also wanted all the bookmarks on the
new system.

I am posting a new release. I am trying to implement your preference
of non-hyphenating the page names. The default behavior remains with
the hyphen, but I will document the alternative. Give me about 30
minutes, then look for the update post.

--
Ben Wilson
"All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." HDT