[pmwiki-users] Page Variables Limitations

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Aug 7 15:28:50 CDT 2006

Hi all,

One week ago I asked this question, but no one seemed to notice it.
Thought I would try it again.  Basically:

There seems to be a limitation on what values can be stored as a page
variable.  The FAST Data recipe successfully stores my data and can
access it (all tested).  And in most cases, it stores that data as a
page variable just like it's supposed to.  In certain situations,
however, such as when storing multiple words, or special character
strings, the page variable is not set, or at least returns nothing.

Can anyone explain the limitations on the page variable values
allowed, and is there any way to extend it to allow more flexibility?
This is a significant problem for this recipe, and my uses
specifically.

Cheers,
Caveman