[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.1.12 released

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Tue Aug 8 10:18:50 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:

> I've just released version 2.1.12 of PmWiki,
[snip]
> Other changes in this release:

[snip]
>     * Add "white-space" as an allowed wikistyle.

Is the white-space wikistyle actually doing what was intended?  It appears to be
providing a monospaced font but no preformatting.

Specifically, line breaks are not honored, lines of text are still wrapped to
fit the screen width, and multiple spaces are collapsed into a single space
(other than at the start of a line).

Wasn't pre-formatted text what was asked for, and offered, in the
"white-space=pre" thread that Christian started, and Pm ended?
See http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2006-July/029714.html

Pico