[pmwiki-users] two questions : cookie authentication & wikilib.d publishing

Jean-Fabrice [gmail] jeanfabrice at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 18:12:32 CDT 2006

Hi list !

I've set up a wikifarm to provide customer care websites to the
customers of my company.
The idea is to provide a common base for all the wikis of the farm
(located in a 'wikifarm.d' directory I implemented) and give the
ability to customize each wiki for each customer.
Wikis of the farm are virtual hosted and protected using apache basic
authentication.

Question 1 :
I would like to know if there's an easy way (or perhaps a recipe I
didn't found already) to have a welcome page asking for authentication
and giving access to the wiki instead of using basic authentication.

Question 2 :
I would like to be abble to publish directly into wikilib.d (i.e in my
wikifarm.d) in order to update shared information for all wiki. The
editform page of the main wiki could have two publish button : one for
publishing in its wiki.d and the other for publishing in the
wikilib.d.

any hints or idea on how to achieve this ?

Jean-Fabrice