[pmwiki-users] Author cookies

Henrik Bechmann henrik at bechmannsoftware.com
Sat Aug 12 14:40:00 CDT 2006

I simply suggest that location because it's the only one I can think of.
The alternative would be some kind of administrative "preferences"
panel, but I presume that would be a PmWiki 3.0 feature (don't get me
started<evil grin>).

I don't think it's all that bad, since it's the only place the users see
the author name. I suppose another alternative would be in the login form.

But there well may be subtle interface issues to work out (eg. what to
do if the user unchecks the box then cancels editing/login).

Hmmm. A preferences panel accessible by a link from edit or login form?
May be overkill for this one situation, but may be worth considering...

- Henrik

Henrik Bechmann
www.osscommons.ca
www.bechmannsoftware.com