[pmwiki-users] add meta tags to html - how to?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 16 09:48:31 CDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 11:27:06AM +0200, Moni Kellermann wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> how can I add some meta tags to all of the pages in a way that I can
> keep that code in case I upgrade?
>
> The standard pmwiki installation creates the header like this:
>
> <head>
> <title>PmWiki | Main / HomePage </title>
> <link rel='stylesheet' href='..../pub/skins/pmwiki/pmwiki.css'
> type='text/css' />
> <!--HeaderText--><style type='text/css'>
>   [...]
> </head>
>
> So, where can I add keywords and description and other stuff?

If you want to add keywords or descriptions to individual
pages, you can just use the (:keywords:) and (:description:)
markups.

Similarly, if you want to add keywords or a description
for an entire wikigroup, then place (:keywords:) or
group.

If you want to add meta tags for the entire site, then
use the $HTMLHeaderFmt array:

    $HTMLHeaderFmt[] = "<meta name='keywords' content='special' />";

Hope this helps!