[pmwiki-users] Email response management system

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Wed Aug 16 16:25:30 CDT 2006

> Ben:
> Here's my take on this:
> The initial form has an option list (multiple) listing answer pages.
> The editor selects the answers he wants included in the email.
> He then types a short email-specifc introduction, and hits "preview."
> The preview page allows the editor to order the pages (each page has an order rank).
> Then, the editor hits "send," and PmWiki sends the HTML email.
>
> [@
> Dear Sir,
> {short introduction}
> {answer-page-one}
> {answer-page-two}
> Sincerely,
> @]
>
> This requires a ListPages() for the OPTIONS list, and a variant on the tell-a-friend recipe.
> Then, we need only code the two forms (selection and review).
> If you want the content of the pages loaded dynamically, then we're looking at AJAX.

Email do not need to be html. Plain text is *much* a better choice to me.

How do you figure your "preview page"? A simple textarea? If not, it
probably will not work: from my experience you always have to trim
text a little in order to suit the specific audience.
Or perhaps you mean that a composite wiki page is created on the fly,
and you can edit it the wiki way, and send it?

Luigi