[pmwiki-users] Blogging support?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Aug 17 08:54:07 CDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 10:19:55PM -0400, IchBin wrote:
> Even though I do not have any recipe to contribute to this wiki. It
> seems that this newsgroup is all about. I thought that this group was
> for users and not just developers of recipes for PmWiki. I am really
> happy that Blogging will be included for PmWiki.  I am not sure what to
> do about the simple questions, I have had in the past, about the current
> recipes that are now apart of PmWiki now. I seem to be somewhat
> discouraged by no response by my questions on current recipes.

My apologies that no-one has responded.  I've gone back and checked
the archives for your questions, and you apparently had questions
regarding displaying of thumbnails and the DownloadManager recipe.

As far as the message on displaying thumbnails, mea culpa.  I was
out of town for two weeks when your message arrived and it got
overlooked when I returned.  If you're still having trouble with
that, send me the markup you're having trouble with (or build an
example page in the Test group on pmwiki.org) and I'll be very
glad to help.

As for the DownloadManager recipe, I think it's important to note
that the recipes aren't directly a part of PmWiki -- they're
community-contributed "add ons".  Some recipes get orphaned --
the original contributor posts the recipe and then disappears --
and in these cases there's nobody left to be able to answer
questions about the recipe.  This appears to be what has happened
to DownloadManager... it hasn't been updated since January 2006
(even though there have been questions), and when your question
went to the list there was nobody around who could answer it.

We may need to mark the DownloadManager recipe as "abandoned"
or in need of someone to maintain it.

Hope this helps,