[pmwiki-users] How to restrict auth to secure connections

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Fri Aug 18 06:41:11 CDT 2006

  I'd like to restrict authentication to my wiki such that
>   * login is only permitted from connections via https or from
>     the local network
>   * the authentication form is also only shown under these
>     circumstances.

Is there a particular reason that you can't make the whole site https
only? I am setting up a site where I need part of the site to be
accessible only to authorised users via https. After a few experiments I
decided it was simpler to make the whole site https only.

IMHO keeping it simple means that I am less likely to make a mistake,
which could lead to someone getting access to a part of the site they
aren't supposed to.

Ian.