[pmwiki-users] any solution to get a full customizable login prompt ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Aug 19 22:00:50 CDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 07:23:43PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> Might not another solution be to change the location of the default
> for AuthForm to some other wiki page?  I don't know how to do this,
> but would like to use it for an alternate authentication system I'm
> using.

To use a different page for the AuthForm, it's:

    $AuthPromptFmt = array(&$PageStartFmt, 'page:Site.LocalAuthForm',
        &$PageEndFmt);

In other words, simply change PmWiki's default 'page:$SiteGroup.AuthForm'
to refer to whatever page you wish.  Or, if you don't want the skin
header/footer (as mentioned elsewhere in this thread):

    $AuthPromptFmt = array(&$HTMLStartFmt, 'page:Site.LocalAuthForm',
        &$HTMLEndFmt);

In fact, it's even possible to have per-group AuthForms:

    $AuthPromptFmt = array(&$PageStartFmt,
      'page:{$Group}.AuthForm $SiteGroup.AuthForm',
      &$PageEndFmt);

which uses AuthForm of the current group if there is one, and the
Site.AuthForm otherwise.