[pmwiki-users] Sidebars per Group

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Sun Aug 20 08:20:00 CDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 02:56:07PM +0200, Ben wrote:
> Since you're here anyway;
> In your skin, how do I put the search bar as an item
> to the right next to the (Group) menu-bar items?
> Or maybe on the top right of the site?
> (instead of at the top of the SideBar)

Well, you would have to customize the template, edit the HTML in the
.tmpl file and move the items around that you want moved.

It might be a bit tricky, since the normal template puts the
*page-actions* on the top right (as well as on the bottom) -- though if
you're using IE you won't see that, because I suppressed the display of
them for IE because I couldn't get it to work for IE.  This is because
IE wasn't behaving in a friendly manner towards the float CSS I was
using.

> And if one's using a skin and happy with one particular config,
> is there an easy way to just move out all the extra theme/layout code
> that isn't even being used?

Well, you could delete it one bit at a time and see if it still works...

> Thanks for a great skin-base! Helped me a lot.

You're very welcome!  I got a lot of help from the FixFlow skin
myself...

(I love open source...)

Kathryn Andersen