[pmwiki-users] wikifarm question: autoconfigure a new wiki

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 22:01:50 CDT 2006

On 8/24/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 11:27:57AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:
> > Is it possible to change the use of 'local' when loading
> > config.php and pgcust's Group.php and Group.Page.php files,
> > to use a variable such as $localDir? $localDir would default
> > to 'local'.
>
> Sure, we can do this.
>
> However, I'd like to point out that it's perfectly possible
> to achieve what you want within the existing codebase without
> *too* much work (although yes, it's not *quite* as simple
> as setting a $localDir variable :-).

That leads me to a slight variation. Let's say I want to use one
directory for local, but I want different configuration files based
on, say, field. For example:

example.net/farm/pmwiki.php
example.net/vineyard/pmwiki.php

Both fields go to a "local" directory outside the web-accessible path:

/pmwiki-share/local/farm.php
/pmwiki-share/local/vineyard.php

At first blush, I would assume this would work using the basic code
you fleshed out above. Maybe the code above does this, but I'm just
not seeing it.

--
Ben Wilson
"All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." HDT