[pmwiki-users] page redirection glitch

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Aug 25 11:11:56 CDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 05:46:45PM +0200, Dominique Faure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When using page redirection with the (:redirect:) page directive or
> the 'from=' url argument, the destination page get prefixed with the
> $PageRedirectFmt variable content aka "redirected from ..." followed
> by a link to edit the original page.
>
> The following code (in config.php) allow this edit link to be replaced
> by a browse only one, if the user as no edit rights on the original
> page:

...what's the purpose of having a "browse-only" link to a page
that contains a redirect?  If the person follows the link they'll
just be immediately redirected back to the page they're currently
on, yes?

And it could make it difficult to edit the page, if the person
hasn't already entered a password somewhere that allows them to edit
the page.  The whole point of the link is to be able to have an
easy way of dealing with things if an author decides "Oh, I
shouldn't have been redirected here--I need to go fix that
redirect."