[pmwiki-users] (:include and Attach:

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Aug 25 15:36:52 CDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 03:27:44PM -0500, Tegan Dowling wrote:
> On 8/25/06, EuGeNe <eugene at boardkulture.com> wrote:
> > In that respect I think when processing an include, PmWiki should render
> > the included page relative to the group it originally belongs too.
>
> There are advantages to having it the way it is - once you know to
> expect it, you can take advantage of it.  As always, I would be happy
> to see this be something that an author can control - in this case
> have a syntax-something that would let the author specify,
> include-by-include, whether to over-ride the default and retain the
> context of the source-wikigroup.

Actually, this is a case where I think that the specification
would need to go into the included page, not the (:include:)
directive.  In other words, we ought to have something in the
included page that says "all of my links and attachments are
relative to XYZ".

The difficulty is that when the included page's text is inserted
into the including page's markup, it's very hard to know where
the included text begins and ends.  It's a bit more tricky when
we have nested includes.  And sometimes the included text begins
and/or ends in the *middle* of markup lines, which can make things
very difficult to process correctly.