[pmwiki-users] wikifarm question: autoconfigure a new wiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Aug 25 20:30:09 CDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 12:44:06AM +0200, Jean-Fabrice [gmail] wrote:
> 2006/8/26, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com>:
>
> >Easy...near the end of farmconfig.php:
> >
> >   ## use the wikifield's local/config.php
> >   include_once('local/config.php');
> >
> >   ## change $LocalDir for the per-group/per-page customizations
> >   ## (they will appear in /soft/pmwiki/local/Group.PageName.php)
> >   $LocalDir = '/soft/pmwiki/local';

> Well, sorry again for my ignorance but, won't this load both the
> wikifield config.php and then the central wiki config.php when
> browsing a wikifield ?

Oh, yes, you're correct, it might.  Okay, do this then:

   ## turn off pmwiki.php's loading of local/config.php
   $EnableLocalConfig = 0;

   ## load the local/config.php of the wikifield
   include_once('local/config.php');

   ## change $LocalDir for the per-group/per-page customizations
   ## (they will appear in /soft/pmwiki/local/Group.PageName.php)
   $LocalDir = '/soft/pmwiki/local';

> Is is correct to have a config.php for the central wiki (I have one).
> Does the config.php must be exclusively made of SDV() statement ?

Sure, it's okay for the central (farm) to have its own config.php
that is separate from the wikifields.  And no, config.php's are
not required or expected to use SDV() statements to set their
values.  (Of course they may choose to do so, but it's not
required.)