[pmwiki-users] modifying the page .... doesn't exist behaviour

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Aug 28 11:13:52 CDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 09:21:28PM +1200, mike moller wrote:
>    From my point of view a more elegant solution would be for the original
>    link (from which the question mark has been removed) to simply not be a
>    link at all on my public site.  Obviously the process that creates the HTML
>    page to serve up to a browser is clever enough to distinguish these cases
>    from links to real pages (otherwise it would never have been able to put
>    up the now eliminated question mark?) I'd like to find a way to have that
>    particular piece of logic bypass creating a link altogether.

Add the following to local/config.php:

    $LinkPageCreateFmt = '$LinkText';

This will cause links to non-existent pages in the markup to be
rendered as normal text (i.e., bypassing the creating of a link
in the HTML output).

If that's not what you're looking for, give me a little more detail
about what you're trying to solve and we should be able to come up
with something.