[pmwiki-users] Skin

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon Aug 28 21:41:24 CDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 07:01:24PM -0700, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> I need to start a new wiki. There 2 types of users:
> * Internal users which are allowed to do editing, and create new
> pages
> * External users [Internet] that are only allowed to read some
> of the groups
>
> What skin do you suggest that will support the (:noaction:)
> conditionally? Or is there a better way to control access?

Well, I wrote KatSkin http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/KatSkin
so that one can enable "CMS mode" where all actions (except Login) are
hidden if one isn't logged in.  (You set $KatSkinCMS = 1;)

But you don't need to have a special skin, since the page actions are
set in the Site.PageActions wiki page, and you can put a conditional
(:if :) statement around them.  For example:

(:if enabled AuthPw:)
* %item rel=nofollow class=edit accesskey='$[ak_edit]'%[[{$FullName}?action=edit | $[Edit] ]]
* %item rel=nofollow class=source accesskey='$[ak_source]'%[[{$FullName}?action=source | $[Source] ]]
* %item rel=nofollow class=diff accesskey='$[ak_history]'%[[{$FullName}?action=diff | $[History] ]]
(:if !enabled AuthPw:)
* %item accesskey='l'%[[{$FullName}?action=login | Login ]]
(:ifend:)

Some skins put the actions in their template, however, rather than (or
in addition to) using the Site.PageActions wiki page, so they aren't so
good at supporting conditional actions.

Kathryn Andersen