[pmwiki-users] Bug: Multiple emails from wiki engine about recent changes

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 01:50:36 CDT 2006

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > The version of PmWiki I am using is 2.1.beta22. If you think it helps,
> > I can upgrade (I should do that anyway, but it'd be nice to fix the
> > bug first).
>
> The bug has been "fixed" by replacing MailPosts with NotifyList

Ok, I'll upgrade PmWiki somehow then. (I say somehow since I've been using
Subversion for the upgrade process, which doesn't work now that the
server has problems resolving pmwiki.org).

> > The reason I haven't upgraded is due to a rather strange (but
> > unrelated) reason. From that computer I can't access pmwiki.org
> > properly...  For instance, trying to retrieve the lastest pmwiki.tgz
> > via 'wget' results in this:
> >
> > [chr at aussie ~]$ wget http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-latest.tgz
> > --18:27:10--  http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-latest.tgz
> >            => `pmwiki-latest.tgz'
> > Resolving www.pmwiki.org... failed: No such file or directory.
>
> Very odd -- wget works for me.  Perhaps curl, ftp, or some other
> application will work?  Or maybe you even have subversion on it
> somewhere, and could do 'svn export'?  ;-)

Yes, all the normal tools work for me as well as long as I do it from some
other machine... I was using Subversion to update the installation, but
neither Subversion nor curl are able to resolve pmwiki.org any more :-(

I guess what I have to do is duplicate the entire tree from the server to
some other machine, then update the tree using Subversion and finally
duplicate it back to the server *sigh*.

Another possible solution might be to hardcode pmwiki.org into /etc/hosts
or something like that, but unfortunately I don't have root access to the
server.

/Christian