[pmwiki-users] Automated WikiTrails.

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 12:22:42 CDT 2006

--- Stirling Westrup <sti at pooq.com> wrote:

> Martin Fick wrote:
> > If you use the HttpVariables recipe, you can pass
> the
> > StoryOne- as a URL argument like this:
> >
> >  ?Story=StoryOne-
> >
> > which you then can plugin to your pagelist like
> this:
> >
> >   (:pagelist list=chapters name={$?Story}*
> > fmt=#storytrail:)
> >

> The plan is to put the (:pagelist:) command into
> Stories.GroupHeader and
> I don't see how that's possible using HttpVariables.
> What am I missing?

Yes, you would put this pagelist in the
Stories.GroupHeader:

(:pagelist list=chapters name={$?Story}*
  fmt=#storytrail:)

The parts I didn't mention is that you need to both
(1) pass on the Story URL argument from page to page
using the prev and next chapter links and you need to
(2) seed your trail wherever a user might start
following it.

So:
1) To pass on the Story argument you will need to
enhance your pagelist template to do it:

You are using the #storytrail template, change the
prev and next link to look something like this:

[[{<$FullName}(?Story={$?Story})]]

and

[[{>$FullName}(?Story={$?Story})]]

2) To seed the trail, wherever you currently link to a
page within your Story, add the Story argument to that
link:

[[StoryOne-01(?Story=StoryOne-)]]

If this all sounds too complicated, you should
consider splitting yor stories into separate groups,
it would be much easier, then you can just use the
Group name as the filter and it will be inherently
known by each page.

-Martin