[pmwiki-users] MimeTex

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Thu Aug 31 04:17:56 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 11:59:13PM +0200, Tom Backer Johnsen wrote:
>> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>>> The MimeTeX site has a pre-compiled binary for Windows that can be
>>> downloaded -- see the "Precompiled Binaries..." section of
>>> http://www.forkosh.com/mimetex.html .  So, maybe that can be
>>> made to work.
>>>
>>> If you have too much difficulty getting it to work on Windows,
>>> let me know and I can see about adjusting the MimeTeX recipe.
>> To be honest, I cannot see any link referring to a Windows executable
>> in that page.  I have to admit that I am sometimes too impatient, but
>> I really have tried.  So, it is at least not not obvious.  Perhaps
>> some tweaking of the recipies is to be recommended.
>
> Not in the recipe page -- in the original MimeTeX site.
> Try http://www.forkosh.dreamhost.com/source_mimetex.html#quickbuild,
> then scroll down a bit to "Precompiled Binaries".  You can download
> the mimetex.exe executable from there, and then it's just a matter
> of changing the MimeTeX recipe settings to use that executable.

PM:  Excuse me.  I see that I transmitted this message as a private
reply.  That was not my intention, it should go to the list.  Anyhow:

Ok.  I found the mimetex.exe file for Windows towards the bottom of
the page.  What I then did was:

1. Copied the mimetex.exe file to the cgi-bin directory of Apache.
2. Downloaded the mimetex.php file and placed it in the /cookbook
directory.
3. Added the following lines to the /local/config.php file:
    $MinetexUrl = '/cgi-bin/mimetex.exe';
    include_once('cookbook/mimetext.php');
4. Edited the mimetex.php file so that the file refers to an .exe file
in the line:
    SDV($MimetexUrl,"/cgi-bin/mimetex.exe");
5. Copied one of the formulas from the recipe page to a page in the Wiki:
    {$ x^2 + y^2 = z^2 $}
6. And viewed the page.  The command above appeared on the page, not a
formula.

Now, what is wrong here?

Tom