[pmwiki-users] pmwiki layout using divs

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 12:29:45 CDT 2006

I built the FixFlow skin without tables.
You can swap the sidebar from left to right,
and the rightbar from right to left.
You can make the sidebar fixed, so only the content scrolls,
or have it scrolling with the content.

It was a nightmare to build, and I use eight(!) special css sheets to
cater for IE5's and IE6's special needs (four for each, for the four
possibilities of sidebar left or right and scrolling or fixed. IE does
not know about position:fixed and needs tricks to hide the scrollbars
etc).

So I agree with Patrick that it does not make for easy maintenance or
to be a base for new developments.

So for the next skin I developed, the three column Triad, I went back
to tables, and it was a joy to do, compared to FixFlow.

Hans