[pmwiki-users] Workflow alerts (e-mail) based on certain value has changed yes or no

Hsing-Foo Wang hsingfoo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 15:25:15 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I have beel searching through the archives and on pmwiki.org but I
could not find anything closely related to my quest.

Let me explain my goals with an example:

1. Person A fills out a form on a wiki page and sets the field status to '1'
2. An e-mail is send to person B because the field status is '1'
3. Person B edits the field status and sets it to '2'
4. An e-mail is send to person A with an alert that field 'status' has changed

Ofcourse the number of status settings could be unlimited and
therefore also the associated e-mails and associated e-mail adresses.

Now if a status has been changed, it is associated with the number of
days that it can have this status. If the status is unchanged and
exceeds the number of set days (per status) and e-mail alert is send
out to both person A and person B.

I am aware that pmwiki can not do this on it's own, and I guess cron
has to be get involved (talking linux here)

Ring a bell to anyone please? Any suggestion is appreciated

TIA
-HF