[pmwiki-users] drafts question. How to grant publish rights?

Scott Connard connard at dsg-inc.com
Fri Dec 1 07:05:54 CST 2006

Florian wrote;
> at the moment i'm struggling through my drafts-configuration.
> Untill now i had users who where only allowed to save drafts and
> these drafts where published by the admin. At the moment i'm having
> the following configuration: Since i use it only in one group i use
> a group.php file with the content:
>
> <?php
> # turn on draft edits
> $EnableDrafts = 1;
> # use special edit form with button swapping
> $PageEditForm = 'Group.EditForm';
> # create a publish password for Drafts
> $DefaultPasswords['publish'] = crypt('publish');
> $AuthCascade['publish'] = 'edit';
> $PageAttributes['passwdpublish'] = '$[Set new publish password:]';
>
> No i want to introduce another userlayer, people responsable for
> publishing drafts but no admin. I'm using Userauth. I tried to
> grant publish rights by publish_group-Group or publish, but since
> publish isn't an action itself (At least i think so ;-)) this
> doesn't work.
>
> Any ideas how to grant publish rights?

I use AuthUser and this is all I had to use to add a "publish"
action.  Anybody in the @publisher group has publishing permission
but not admin permission.  Unfortunately, I am not user UserAuth, so
I'm not sure what changes are necessary for that recipe.

$HandleAuth['publish'] = 'publish';
$DefaultPasswords['publish'] = '@publisher';
$AuthCascade['publish'] = 'edit';
$PageAttributes['passwdpublish'] = '$[Set new publish password:]';

Scott Connard.