[pmwiki-users] Can't preview or save pages; Site.SideBar breakin

W Randolph Franklin pmwiki at wrfranklin.org
Tue Dec 12 21:35:32 CST 2006

Help!  Suddenly I can't preview or save any page.

That is,

1. I browse to www.page/page?action=edit

2. Pmwiki presents a page asking for my password as usual.

3. Pmwiki presents the usual edit window.

4. I fill in the Author field.

5. I click on PREVIEW or SAVE.

6. Pmwiki goes back to step 2.

Also pywe can no longer edit the page.

This happened about the same time that someone hacked my
Site.SideBar page, replacing it with a lot of links to some other
site (perhaps to increase its search engine ranking).

I still haven't figured out how that happened.  Does pmwiki have
a hole?  Had I put a @nopass on the page for some reason (it had
that set)?  Did one of my group of researchers edit the group
from a compromised computer and the edit password leak out that
way?

Any help or info is welcome.  When I figure out more about the
breakin, I'll report it.

W. Randolph Franklin
pmwiki at wrfranklin.org