[pmwiki-users] Curious silence

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 1 12:25:58 CST 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 01:10:53PM -0500, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> On 2/1/06, Jean DEMARTINI <jean.d.demartini at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > > This list, very active typically, is silent for about 2 days.
>
> I received absolutely NO messages yesterday. They seem to be appearing
> in small groups this morning. A quick check of the archives shows that
> they were sent to the list yesterday although no one responded to any
> of them until today. Must be a delivery problem on the part of the
> list. I have yet to see any responses from Patrick so perhaps he is
> busy resolving server issues. I hope, for his sake, things go well.

I've been out of town the past couple of days, when I got back
this morning it appeared that the mailing list software on pmichaud.com
had shut itself down and was not processing incoming messages.
I rebooted the server and restarted the mailing list server, but
it took a couple of hours to process all of the backlogs.  It seems
to be caught up again now.

Now it'll probably take me several more hours to process the
influx of mail in my inbox.  :-)