[pmwiki-users] Image Thumb Link Capability

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 1 13:48:20 CST 2006

I managed to create a working example and posted it as a recipe.

    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ImageThumbLink

Basic usage is just to do

    (:thumb <image_filename>:)

and you get a link to the full-size image, displayed in a blank page.
The image links back to the normal view of the page.  You can create
Site.ImageLink page and customize the image-display page to your
heart's content.[1]

Currently the only options are for adjusting the thumbnail size.

Pm, would you mind looking over the code?  I went in over my head with
the use of some PmWiki functions I don't understand.

    http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/thumblink.php

Also, if it's safe to do so, could the recipe be enabled on its page?
For something like this, a demo is worth 1,000 words of description.
:-)

Thanks,

Hagan

[1] Example Site.ImageLink page source:

(:if name {$SiteGroup}.ImageLink:)
This is the template page for the [=(:imagelink:)=] image-viewing page.
(:if !name {$SiteGroup}.ImageLink:)
(:noleft:)(:noright:)(:notitle:)(:noheader:)(:nofooter:)
>>margin=1em<<
%center%[[{$FullName}|Attach:{$FullName}/{$RequestedImage}]]%%
%comment%[[{$FullName}|Return to {$Titlespaced}]]%%