[pmwiki-users] 404 Not Found

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 1 15:29:58 CST 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 04:21:14PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> A couple of questions...
>
> Is the (:if !group Category:) conditional necessary?  It appears not
> to have any effect in beta22 because missing pages in the Category
> group are not 404 pages.  (They're always "found".)

The code in beta22 to turn off not-found messages is a hack
that is likely to be removed.

> In Site/PageNotFound you used {$RequestedPage} and in
> Test/PageNotFound you used {$FullName}.  What's the difference between
> those two page variables?

{$RequestedPage} is whatever appeared in the url, with no changes.
{$FullName} is the actual name that the requested page was resolved to.

So, I think we use {$RequestedPage} when referring to what the
visitor asked for, and {$FullName} when referring to what is going to
be affected or created as a result of their next action.