[pmwiki-users] A Group Hierarchy

Johs. Lind lind at geltzer.dk
Fri Feb 3 08:50:27 CST 2006

I think I have found a way to make a nice virtual group hierarchy:

Say I’m writing my memories. I want a group for each town where I have
lived, and for each town there will be a number of chapters.
I create a group called ‘Memories’, and in that group I create the page
In Memories.GroupHeader I add this markup:
In Memories.Index I place the trailing list:
*[[Town1]]
*[[Town2]]
*[[Town3]]
*[[Town4]]

These town-pages are still in group Memories, and each of them are going
to have a trailing list. - E.g. in Town1 the contents could be:
*[[Town1/Chapter1]]
*[[Town1/Chapter2]]
*[[Town1/Chapter3]]

That will create the group Town1, and its groupheader should be given
this markup:
<<|[[Memories/Town1]]|>>

You could also make one of those chapters into a new trailing list. Say
Chapter2:
*[[Chapter2/Item1]]
*[[Chapter2/Item2]]
*[[Chapter2/Item3]]

That would create the group Chapter2, and it should have the markup:
<<|[[Town1/Chapter2]]|>>

And so you can make the hierarchy as deep as you want.

--
Johs. Lind,
Spurvevænget 41, DK 6710 Esbjerg V.