[pmwiki-users] Syncronizing

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Sat Feb 4 10:12:36 CST 2006

I've been playing with PMWiki and have an idea for how to use it for my own
personal note taking. But I would like to ask if it's possible to
"syncronize" two copies of PMWiki?

I'm thinking of these two alternative, assume two machines A & B with an
indentical installation of PMWiki:

+   Machine A is the main machine and I usually do all my work there.
    For some reason I need to travel, can I then just copy the wiki.d
    folder to B (a web server) and it will still work?

    Can I then just copy the wiki.d folder back to machine A when I'm
    back home to get an "updated" wiki on A.

+   I have the identical set up on both machines (identical wiki.d folder),
    I add some new pages on A and some on B, I make some changes to pages
    on A that does not conflict with changes that I do on B. Can I now
    use a file synchronization program to make sure that I've got the
    same files/pages on both machines?

                    jem (just playing with an idea)
--
Jan Erik Moström, www.mostrom.pp.se