[pmwiki-users] Pressing Save twice in a row results in a warning messag

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 4 13:44:47 CST 2006

On a probably related note, try Saving a page, then pressing ESC to make a
last-minute change, then Save again. Now PmWiki comes back with a merge
conflict.

This has been here for ages now. Can't believe noone complained ;-)

On some systems incapable of doing the merge the content returned is
$DefaultPageTextFmt..

Solution: add
      || $page['host'] == $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']

or something better to simuledit.php. When both edits are from you, the last
one is probably the correct version.

Please :-)

On 2/3/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:29:17PM -0500, DaveG wrote:
    > The way I've managed this on other systems is to disable the button
    > after it's been clicked. That prevents the user clicking twice in the
    > first place -- some users are just in the habit of double clicking
    > everything.
    >
    > Of course, this brings a problem if the user really does need to
    > resubmit, but from my own experience, this happens less than the
double
    > click.

    In my experience the double-posts occur whenever I submit a page,
    have the server time out for some reason (my home network connection
    can be a little flaky at times), so I hit the "Back" button and
    hit save again.

    At any rate, I'll see about fixing it so that double-posts
    like this don't result in the error message.

    Thanks,