[pmwiki-users] mod_rewrite question

rene beekman r at raakvlak.net
Sun Feb 5 17:15:56 CST 2006

there must be something terribly simply that i'm overlooking but i
can't seem to get mod_rewrite to work on my test setup.
the setup i'm working with now is mac os 10.3.9, with the site in
~username/sites/pmwiki/

i tried 2 recipes from NewCleanUrlsRecipe, n.l. example one and example
three.
my current setup is example 3 and it urls get neatly rewritten;
main.homepage becomes http://computername.local/main/homepage
the only problem is that that returns an error: requested url not
found...

i checked httpd.conf and mod_rewrite is enabled, although allowoverride
is set to none. i tried setting it to all, switched off and back on
websharing to restart apache, but that didn't seem to make any
difference...

so my question is; what am i doing wrong here????

as said, this is my test setup - my final setup will be a hosted
service running linux where my site will be inside publichtml. i know
that they have enabled htaccess use on the server so that shouldn't be
a problem.
how much different would my .htaccess file be?

thanks!
rene