[pmwiki-users] Minor issue on beta 22: Extra <DT> tag

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 6 12:35:41 CST 2006

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 11:30:12AM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > Thinking about it a bit more, we might be better served with
> > a directive:
> >
> >     [[#title]]
> >     (:options order=title class=title:)
> >     * [[{=$FullName}|+]]
> >     [[#titleend]]
>
> I'm not sure why that's better.  Either would work about the same.  It
> seems like the (:options:) directive could be generalized / reused
> elsewhere.

It's only better because it parses better.  Currently the page
templates code uses IncludeText() to grab the template, and strips
any anchors from the text.  But in some cases there could be page
template code on the same line as the anchor.  Having (:options:)
makes it unambiguous.  I agree that the directive itself might
be useful elsewhere, I wasn't able to come up with a better name.

> If the directive is used, would this work?
>
>     [[#bygroup]]  (:options class=bygroup:)
>     [[#bygroupend]]

Yes, it could be placed anywhere in the template.