[pmwiki-users] flickr and keys

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:19:57 CST 2006

Isarin,

That's very strange - there shouldn't be any problem with accessing ANY
user's images using ANY API - except if you are trying to access private
images.  I haven't yet created a scheme for authenticating your site to
display private images, but that is possible using the phpFlickr class.  If
you're just trying to access public images, ensure that you are using the
right syntax user=username.  Which brings up another theoretical issue that
I haven't thought of - I don't suppose that your username is actually one of
flickr's funny account ids, like 9384813975N00 or whatever...?  If that's
the case, then maybe there something funny going on when you try to put that
in the user= variable. If that's not the case, then make sure that you are
using the username, not the display name--in my case, while my name displays
as "josquin" in flickr, my username is actually josquin2000 (somebody had
taken josquin already).  Does any of that ring a bell?

Jon

jhaupt at iastate.edu