[pmwiki-users] formatting, indent

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 6 21:16:46 CST 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 01:47:00PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> I'm not clear why a markup is needed to "indent the first line
> of this paragraph". Arguably, this is a presentation decision
> best left to the administrator to set in a css.
> [...]

I'm convinced, thanks for keeping us sane, John.

We'll leave things as they are now, unless/until we come up with a
good markup that means "start a new paragraph" without needing a blank
line before it.

Even then, the "start a new paragraph" markup won't automatically
indent the first line -- that will be up to the site administrator
to specify using a css property.

I'm not planning to implement this anytime soon, but some
other possibilities off the top of my head, just to brainstorm:

    >p<
    p>