[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.1.beta23 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 7 11:08:35 CST 2006

I've just released 2.1.beta23, which adds a *lot* of new stuff in
preparation for the 2.1.0 official release.  As always, the
release is available from

    http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.1.beta23.tgz
    http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.1.beta23.zip
    svn://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/tags/latest

With this release we are getting very close to a 2.1.0 release.
All of the major items slated for 2.1.0 have now been completed --
see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00565 for the list.  The
remaining tasks are primarily to clean up some remaining PITS items,
update the documentation, and make the release.

For those who are curious--I'm working on the optional blogging
support; I will probably release 2.1.0 before blogging is ready
but blogging should appear very shortly thereafter.

Some of the items in this release:

* A "draft edit" capability is now available by setting $EnableDrafts = 1;
  in a local customization file.  This enables a "Save as draft" button
  in the edit form.

* The Site.InterMap page works again.

* The {$LastModifiedSummary} page variable is now available.  (Existing
  pages won't have a {$LastModifiedSummary} value until the next edit.)

* Hitting "Save" on a page now saves the page even if nothing was
  changed in the text.

* Reference links ( [[target | # ]] ) now allow spaces around the '#'.

* Simultaneous edits are a lot friendlier -- hitting "Save" twice
  now doesn't result in the spurious "possible conflict" warning.
  It's also friendlier for editing page files in wiki.d/ that
  lack a time= attribute.

* The PageExists("") bug has been fixed.

* A docs/UPGRADE.txt file has been added.

* The $UploadUrlFmt variable now obtains its value from $PubDirUrl
  instead of $ScriptUrl -- a more robust solution.

Comments, suggestions, contributions welcome as always.

Thanks,