[pmwiki-users] Question Re: RSS Setup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 9 14:47:33 CST 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 02:39:00PM -0600, Brian Connolly wrote:
> Could someone take a peek at http://spintangle.org/pmwiki.php?n=Main.KeyIssues?action=rss please?
>
> Is that set up right?
>
> If you look at the site (http://spintangle.org , I've got 4 editable sections in the sidebar: Industry Issues, Footnotes, Anecdotes,
> and Recommendations.  I'd like to put and RSS link besides
> each so as a user can potentially track changes.
>
> Am I doing that right?

[Brian: Sorry I didn't get back to your earlier private messages on this --
I've been dealing with mailing list issues.  --Pm]

It depends on what you want to do.  As you have it now, it looks
as though you're having a separate RSS feed for each individual page.
That might be what you want, but the more common scenario would be
to have a single RSS feed that lets you track changes to all four
pages at once.

If that's what you want to do, then create a page called "RSSTrail"
(or whatever you want) and put the following in the page:

    * [[Key Issues]]
    * [[Footnotes]]
    * [[Anecdotes]]
    * [[Recommendations]]

Then, use the following for your RSS link:

    http://spintangle.org/pmwiki.php?n=Main.RSSTrail?action=rss?order=-time

The resulting RSS feed will show the current status of each of
those four pages, with the most recently modified pages appearing
first in the feed.