[pmwiki-users] Anyone using DITA and Pmwiki together?

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Feb 9 15:50:13 CST 2006

On Friday, 10 February 2006 10:17 AM, Bellave Jayaram <bellavejayaram at cox.net> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I was wondering if anyone in this community has used DITA or is
>contemplating use of DITA. Specifically, I would like to look
>into whether it makes sense to use Pmwiki Groups so as to
>organize concepts, tasks and references (DITA terminology) and
>create a trail that would organize them. Then, similar to the
>Publish PDF function, for a given trail, I would like to see if DITA files can be created.
>
>Regards,
>Jayaram

One thing you'd need to do is map the DITA DTD set to wiki
markup, so you could set markup rules to output valid
DITA XML. If you can make such a mapping, then the
Publish PDF approach should work.

You may need to introduce new markups to represent
DITA elements not present in wiki markup, if these are
essential for your application.

--
JR