[pmwiki-users] Nested includes and IncludeWithEdit

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 13 14:36:47 CST 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 12:02:37AM -0700, Bellave Jayaram wrote:
>    Hi all,
>
>    Could someone who is familiar with the Pmwiki internals tell me if this is
>    doable:
>
>    Page3 -> includes Page2 -> includes Page1

Yes, it works.

>    If so, then what would happen if I enabled IncludeWithedit (I am yet to
>    try it but will try it soon) for the section of Page 3 which is the
>    content of Page 2?

I have no idea what IncludeWithEdit would do with nested includes.

>    Would it be possible to define/implement a markup where the content of
>    Page 1 would be uneditable but the rest of the Page 2 content would be
>    editable?

What defines "editable" is (or ought to be) the permissions on each
individual page, not the way the pages may be included into other
pages.

>    Such functionalities would allow for massive content reuse for some types
>    of content in a Pmwiki site, sort of like with DITA (Darwin Information
>    Typing Architecture).

Part of the reason PmWiki supports (:include:) is to allow for
content reuse.  :-)

Hope this helps,