[pmwiki-users] Quick/easy way to check if page is passwd protected

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 12:16:37 CST 2006

On 2/14/06, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com > Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:16:26 +0100
> From: christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
> Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Quick/easy way to check if page is passwd
>         protected?

> What about simultaneous edits? That's the main thing that I haven't fixed
> in pmwiki-mode for Emacs. Partly because it's a slightly tricky, partly
> because my lisp isn't that good, but mostly because I haven't had time.
> Getting this to work is however *very* important.

TBD? I still have to catch certain behaviors, such as what happens if
there is no change, or when a non-page is written to by no data. :-) I
accidently created a page via typo.

> > I'm going to be adding the ability to just pull the
> > file into a named file, and to feed a named file into a wiki, as well.
> >
> > So, the current CLI version does not care what the editor is--the user
> > sets via argument or preference file.
>
> Or via $EDITOR?

Um, er. Yes. An oversight on my part, but one I could rectfy.
Although, I have a vim syntax file that would not show up on
EDITOR--but that's my choice. Thanks for bringing this to my
attention.

> > Although, the next step will be to write a GUI (that will work on Linux,
> > Mac and Win32) that will preform quasi WYSIWYG editing functionality.
> > That will be the daunting task.
>
> I've actually been thinking of modifying 'LyX' for this purpose...
> although even when just modifying another program it's still quite the
> task. So this is in the future for me.

Actually, I'm starting to rethink the GUI. After all, that would
require me to mirror PmWiki's markups via Python--a situation that
begs to be a maintenance pain as PmWiki grows. It would be better to
leave it as a CLI with syntax markup.

--
Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"