[pmwiki-users] Visio Cookbook Recipe Problems

Kurt Devlin kurt.devlin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:57:26 CST 2006

On 2/16/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com <christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm probably coming out of the blue here, but if you use SVG you'd use
> vector based graphics and the quality should be comparable to Visio. Of
> course, I'm guessing IE doesn't support SVG without a plugin?

I grabbed the SVG recipe (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Svg) and saved
the Visio diagram as a SVG.

The testfile from the recipe page (
http://www.croczilla.com/svg/samples/circles1/circles1.svg) displays fine in
FireFox, but the SVG saved from Visio gives the following error:
    XML Parsing Error: prefix not bound to a namespace
    Location: http://mywiki.mycompany.com/uploads/myproject/myvisio.svg
    Line Number 36, Column 4:

So either Visio is not saving this properly or FireFox doesn't handle the
SVG properly. My vote is for a broken Visio.

I also uncovered two major cut & paste errors in the SVG and Visio recipes.
Both authors borrowed the recipe from embedding SWF into a page. All three
recipes use the following:

SDV($SwfTagFmt,"blah blah mime type specific stuff blah blah ");

Markup('ext', '<urllink',
  "/\\b(?>(\\L))([^\\s$UrlExcludeChars]+\\.vsd)/e",
  "Keep(\$GLOBALS['LinkFunctions']['$1'](\$pagename,'$1','$2',NULL,'$1$2',
    \$GLOBALS['SwfTagFmt']), 'L')");

The Visio an SVG recipes change ext to be either vsd or svg respectively,
but they failed to change the SwfTagFmt to a different variable. Therfore,
all the recipes that use this get the mime specific replacement for
whichever one was last. When I get a free minute, I'll update the recipes or
anyone else that has the bandwidth to fix them can go ahead.