[pmwiki-users] Proposed Default Stylesheet (pmwiki.css)

Henrik Bechmann henrik at bechmannsoftware.com
Sat Feb 18 11:56:28 CST 2006

Re:

> >Anyway, I invite an answer to the same question I asked Jo --
> > in "normal" HTML, how would you achieve the styling you're looking
> > for?
> >
> >     <h1>Heading</h1>

 From my standard css file:

p {
margin:0 0 8px 0;
padding:0 3px;
line-height:1.2em;
}

/* ---- headings ---- */
h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 {
 margin-top:0;
 padding-left:3px;
 margin-bottom:6pt;
}
h1,h2,h3 {
 font-family:"Comic Sans MS","Century Gothic",Charcoal,"Luxi
Sans",sans-serif; color:#008000; /* green-plain */
}
h1 {  font-size:156%; }
h2 {  font-size:148%; }
h3 {  font-size:140%; }
h4,h5 {
  color:#aa5555; /* red-deep */
}
h4 {  font-size:132%; }
h5 {  font-size:120%; }
h6 {
 font-size:100%;
 color:#006400; /* green-dark */
}
h6.subtitle {
 color:#777777; /* gray-heavy */
}
.compact {
 margin-bottom:0 !important;
 margin-top:0 !important;
}

IOW I set top margins to 0, and bottom margins to standard amounts. If I
want no space between blocks, I use "compact", as in:
> >     <h1 class="compact">Heading</h1>

And BTW, I do:

.vspace {display:none; }

which works for me in most situations. Occasionally I have to put "\\\"
wikimarkup at the end of a line to get a desired break (still working
that one out).

Hope this helps,

- Henrik

--