[pmwiki-users] Proposed Default Stylesheet (pmwiki.css)

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Feb 19 12:08:59 CST 2006

Hans schrieb:

> Yes.
> So how about this attempt:
> paragraphs with 1em top margin, but zero bottom margin,
> headers counteract this with negative bottom margins in varying
> degrees.

No negative margins, please!
This has all sorts of unwanted consequences. Two that I can think off
the top of my head:
* This is likely to find bugs in CSS implementations.
* If somebody sets the background color of a paragraph, the margin will
be inside the colored area.

> Looks fine tested on Windows with Firefox1.5, IE6, Netscape7, Opera8,
> IE5.5, IE5.01, IE4 9 (all cope with the negative margin)

Um... sure they do in all special cases? Such as first/last lines that
contain images, multi-column formatting, within tables, etc. etc. etc...

Regards,
Jo