[pmwiki-users] Proposed Default Stylesheet (pmwiki.css)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 20 14:15:20 CST 2006

[This message got stuck in my outgoing mail box; I'm going ahead and
sending it now, just for completeness.  --Pm]

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 04:22:09PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > I'm unsure about the
> > use of @@...@@ in other contexts, so I'm not sure whether this should go
> > into the default skin. Since pmwiki.org is definitely computer-related,
> > it may even make sense to use a different css for pmwiki.org and for the
> > default skin...)
>
> I think I know the answer to this, but I won't speak for Pm...

I guess I'll have to speak for Pm... :-)  I don't have a problem with
pmwiki.org having a different css from the default distribution,
as long as it's not radically different.

> > I'm not sure what I should do - I could certainly optimize it for my
> > machine, but I'm pretty sure it would look ugly on other browsers/OSes.
>
> Pm has expressed that compatibility with seldom-used browsers/OSes is
> a high priority.

I did?!  I'm not sure what I said, but I don't think that's the
takeaway point I was intending.  (Feel free to throw my words back at
me if I did in fact say this. :-)

As long as what we have works on the major browsers, I'm happy.

I do recall saying that I didn't think it was important that things
look *identical* across platforms,