[pmwiki-users] wikiforms adds (:title:) option

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Feb 21 19:52:37 CST 2006

A number of people have asked for the ability to use
a regular page name with the wikiforms recipe, instead
of the auto-generated 5 digit page number.
See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiForms

I have added an option that adds a (title) field type.
If you declare a field to be type title, wikiforms
automatically creates a (:title:) directive from the
text of the field. If you include the field in a
wikilist, it creates a link to the page, using the
title field value as the link text.

Support for non-numeric page names is unlikely to
happen any time soon, but I think the above feature
comes close to the same effect.

Any questions or comments, let me know.

A couple of people have also asked about the possibility
of having some fields reserved for those with special
editing rights and different forms for different parts
of the page. A possible approach to this is to use
2 groups, each with its own form, that share the same
page names and cross-link. I am happy to explore this
option further with people who are interested.
--
JR