[pmwiki-users] working directory

Sebastian Siedentopf schlaefer at macnews.de
Wed Feb 22 14:03:17 CST 2006

Am 22.02.2006 um 20:19 schrieb H. Fox:

> My first impression of work.d/ is that it isn't the best name for this
> directory, but right this second I don't have a better name for it
> besides play-around-and-have-fun.d/ .  :-)
>
> Seriously though, isn't it really a temp space?  By that, I mean would
> it be something that wouldn't need to be -- or maybe even shouldn't be
> be -- restored from a backup?  If that's the case, naming it something
> obvious like tmp/ or temp.d/ would make it easier to know what the
> directory is used for.

As I understand "cache" I should be able to delete all files in the
cache folder at any time without any effect (except performance) on
the wiki. So I don't like the idea of having the cache files in
something called "work" ("temp" or "cache" sounds mutch better to me)
and I don't like the idea to place it in a directory called "data"
with all the 'real data'. I for one would expect "-draft" files in
something called "work", but not cache files.

Sebastian