[pmwiki-users] RSS feed

akille.24444274 at bloglines.com akille.24444274 at bloglines.com
Thu Feb 23 20:57:06 CST 2006

Thanks for the information. I got the author name to show up in the RSS feed
by making this change in the RSS 2.0 settings for ?action=rss in feeds.php:

CHANGED:

'dc:author' => '{$LastModifiedBy}',

TO:

However, I'm not getting a description at all for the items in the RSS
code. How do I get the description to show up? (It doesn't have to be an excerpt.)
I'd just like what was changed to show up in the feed.

Thanks again for
your help,

Angela

--- Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com wrote:

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 04:30:11AM -0000, akille.24444274 at bloglines.com wrote:

> > Hi,

> > I'm new to PmWiki and the mailing list. I'm in the process
of setting

> > up a site with pmwiki and am trying to figure out how to set
up the RSS feed

> > the way I want. I've added ?action=rss to a RecentChanges
page, but when I

> > subscribe to the feed in my feed reader (Bloglines),
all I get are page titles

> > (with links to the page) and the date it was
updated. I would like to see

> > an excerpt of what was changed and also
the author of the change in the feed.

> > How do I do that?

> At present
we don't have a way to provide an excerpt of what was

> changed (it's very
difficult to automatically detect and summarize

> what changed).  We do (or
can) provide the change summary in the feed,

> however.

> The author
of the change is normally provided the <dc:contributor>

> element, but Bloglines
might not be using that for authorship.

> We can add another element for
authorship if needed.  (I'm not