[pmwiki-users] More than one Category Group

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Fri Feb 24 11:14:10 CST 2006

Hi all,

            I read the page http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Categories
which is very helpful in understanding what the Category feature can do.
Essentially, there is a group called Category and categories can be nested
by including Category.* pages into other Category.* pages. In the example,
the Category.Year page contains Category.2003 and Category.2004. Certainly,
one could create more pages like Category.FilmsDirectedBy,
Category.FilmsofStevenSpielberg etc.

Now, my question is if it would be possible to create another Category Group
called Films where there would be pages like Films.DirectedBy (which would
contain a category Films.StevenSpielberg, Films.PeterJackson etc.) and
Films.OscarWinning  (which would contain Film.LordOfTheRings,
Film.SavingPrivateRyan etc.).

In other words, can tags in different namespaces be accommodated in Pmwiki?
If so, how?

A follow up question to this would be, if we can have multiple Category
Groups, would it be possible to confine search to a single Category Group?

Thanks.

Jayaram