[pmwiki-users] RSS feed

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 24 21:34:19 CST 2006

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 03:26:45AM -0000, akille.24444274 at bloglines.com wrote:
> Thanks so much for everyone's help. I just updated to the most recent version
> of pmwiki, so the feeds.php script is back to normal. I added the following
> to my config.php script:
>
> $FeedFmt['rss']['item']['author'] = '$LastModifiedBy';
>
> $FeedFmt['rss']['item']['description'] = '$LastModifiedSummary';
>
> However,
> I still don't get a <description> element in my RSS feed. Any ideas?

You'll only get the <description> element if the author puts something
in the "Summary" line of the edit form when submitting a change.  If
the summary is empty (i.e., '$LastModifiedSummary' is blank), then
there's no description created.

If there *is* a summary being entered and it's not showing up in the
feed, let me know and I'll look into it further.  If you can provide
a site url that I could look at, it'll help a bunch.  :-)

Pm