[pmwiki-users] broken GeminiSkin with beta29

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Sun Feb 26 02:29:03 CST 2006

Saturday, February 25, 2006, 6:31:55 PM, Patrick wrote:
> Unless there's high demand for it, I don't have any plans to support
> onfocus/onblur in searchboxes, so you may want to keep the custom
> function.

Okay. But I had to ask, since this is a case where the skin takes on
extra functionality by widening an existing function. And though I
like the custom searchbox for my skins, it would not need to be
restricted to these skins.

> What I was planning to do is to add a substitution variable
> to $SearchBoxFmt that would make it possible for the admin to specify
> where the additional hidden input parameters should be placed.

I am not sure how this would work. Would it allow insertion of
onfocus/onblur events?

> Another possibility is to have (:searchbox:) generate its output
> using form markup instead of straight HTML.  Then we could see about
> adding a focus option to (:input text ...:) instead of just having
> it available in the searchbox.  (Reuse of code is good, I hear.)

If we allow onfocus and onblur events for (:input text ...:) we open
the door to insert any kind of javascript into the page, which is too
risky. I am much happier to allow only specific javascript by defining
it in config.php or skin.php.

Best,
~Hans