[pmwiki-users] wikiforms adds support for (:title:)-based links

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Feb 26 19:15:28 CST 2006

On Friday, 24 February 2006 4:19 AM, noskule at gmx.net wrote:
>>><snip>
>>>the question seams to be if  its needed for access the page or to
>>>display a title. For example, in the case of a glossary  the use of
>>>pagenames would allow  to reference with a common wikilink
>>>[[Glossary.PWM]] directly to  the entry in the form. So far I
>>>funderstand, this wouldnt be possible with the above solution.
>>>grz nos
>>>

>>I knew you would ask!! You are quite correct but I just cannot
>>see a way to make wikiforms work reliably with non-numeric
>>page names, without a complete redesign.

<snip>

>and probably it would make sense to evaluate the usecases of other
>users. Like henning sayed. Wikiforms is a very powerfull plugin that
>can/could uses for many purposes. So I ugess it needs some thinking to
>make the best of it. The glossry was more an example than a concrete
>call for a feature (of corse I would love to have a glossary ;-) May we
>start first with a call for usecases ?

It is now possible to reference a form entry by its title instead of
its numeric name.

I have added a [[?title text]] markup for use in conjunction with
the wikiforms title option. If you have a form set and have declared
one of the fields to be the page's title, wikiforms now puts that
into the change summary on RecentChanges (provided that no other field
has been designated the change summary). The extra formtitle script
looks up the title in RecentChanges and makes a link to the name.

People might like to test this.
See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiForms
and http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiForms#titles

This is by way of an experiment and comments would be welcome.

I'm not happy that [[?title text]] is the best choice of markup
as it limits the feature to one group's RecentChanges per wiki.
OTOH, I suspect this is a feature one would use sparingly.

--
JR